Friday, January 15, 2010

Ode to a sandwich

State Street Deli, on State Street (oddly enough) in downtown Redlands, makes a roasted turkey sandwich that has changed my life. Oh turkey sandwich, you are so yummy.

I have tried to replicate it at home with admirable success... May I recommend that you give it a try?

Ingredients:
Toasted squaw bread... rye bread also works
Deli turkey... regular sandwich turkey also works
Provolone cheese... swiss also works
Tomato... You say tomato, I say tomato.
Craisins!... This is really the kicker. If you don't have dried cranberries, don't make this sandwich.
Mustard... THEY use mayo, which I generally dislike, so I sub with mustard, which is excellent.

Voila! Cut it in half, and put a pickle on the plate.

When Rachael let me pick the location for our lunch date today, I could hear the Roasted Turkey Sandwich calling to me.

And I answered. Yes. I answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment