Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wedding Song?

Dear blogosphere,

I am at a loss.

IKF and I need to pick a song for our first dance, and well... yeah, I'll say it... I'm being really picky.

I want something...

Romantic, but not cheesy.
Fresh, but not informal.
Classic, but not stale.

For example... I like Etta James' At Last, but that has SO been done already. I like Michael Buble's Everything, but I'm worried that its too fast.

No Shania Twain, Bryan Adams, or Lady in Red. (Essentially anything that they played at dance's when I was in high school.)

IKF wants us to dance to David Bowie. You see the difficulty I'm having.

Some of the songs currently in the running are:

To Make You Feel My Love by Mick McAuley & Winifred Horan
Just Like Heaven by Katie Melua
Once Upon A Dream by Steve Tyrell

I think recent covers of classic songs is a good idea, but good covers are sometimes hard to find.

If you all have any suggestions or recommendations, they would be much appreciated.

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. micheal buble, some kind of wonderful or everything. both are amazing and not so heavily cheesed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't use Eye of the Tiger. That's going to be mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once Upon a Dream as in from Sleeping Beauty??!! Because OBVIOUSLY I don't need to state my pick if so. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete