Friday, April 15, 2011

Antioxidant Orchard Salad

I've been reorienting my food choices lately to focus on vegetables and fruits. I'm also taking a break from soda, sugar, caffeine, butter, oil and bread, just to prove to myself that I have indomitable will-power. Turns out I do, good for me. It's been tough, but I feel great.

This salad is one of my new favorite things. Anything with berries is the best of both worlds in my mind (the two worlds being "tasty food world" and "healthy food world.")

Antioxidant Orchard Salad
1-2 heads of Romaine lettuce, (a bit of spinach is good too)
1/3 cucumber, sliced, then quartered
1 cup red grapes, sliced length-wise
1 cup blueberries
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 stick of celery, sliced thin
Handful of sliced almonds

Top with fat free vinaigrette. Balsamic is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment