Friday, May 20, 2011

Husband's Favorite Breakfast Shake

I am more of a berries and vanilla kind of girl, but Husband is all about the variations on a chocolate theme.

Right now we only have chocolate proteing powder in the house, so Husband wins. (I don't mind, he lets me win most of the time.) Therefore, this breakfast shake has been featuring prominently at our place this week... And its got me thinking... Berries?... What berries?

It is super delicious, keeps me full all morning, healthy (I heart sneeky vegetables), and a single serving comes in at about 220 calories. OH, and it has 5 ingredients.

Husband's Favorite Breakfast Shake (serves 2)

1 cup skim milk
1 banana, large
1 c. pumpkin puree (we have this separated into little baggies in the freezer from last fall when I attempted to make my own pumpkin puree)
1 Tbs peanut butter
1 scoop chocolate whey protein
ice cubes to taste (I like 3-4 just to make it chilled)

1. Toss ingredients into a blender.

2. Blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment