Tuesday, June 7, 2011

OH my goodness gracious

This week has been 100% whirlwind. We are talking level 5 tornado. (I only know what that is because I watched Twister as a kid.)

But I have a moment of calm here before the storm kicks back up again, so I'm going to backfill today and try to blog ahead tomorrow. Thanks for sticking with me!

Here's a quick recap of the last week and a half:

1) Last Friday, Rachael and Nolan got married. We laughed, we cried, we danced. We went home happy but exhausted.

2) Last Saturday my family took the boat out on the ocean, we had a beautiful day going up at down the coast but it was slightly overcast and we didn't wear enough sun screen. We all got BURNED to a crisp. Every one of us blistered. I lost two layers of skin on my face. Super cute.

3) Last Monday Husband and I cleaned the whole house from top to bottom then cleaned out and waxed our cars to protect them from the nasty climate we are about to move to, then potluck BBQ with husband's family and extended family.

4) Tuesday, work, said goodbye to my sister, cried a whole bunch, hair cut (yay for bangs!), followed by hours of frantically trying to set up appointments to look at apartments in Utah.

5) Wednesday, got tired of applying aloe vera every hour on the hour and scrubbed all the skin off of my face. Ouch. More work, more emailing, calling, emailing, calling, emailing, calling and emailing landlords and management companies to set up appointments to look at places to live. Ps. People can be really flaky.

6) Thursday, work, more coordinating for Utah, revised my resume yet again, and applied to about a hundred jobs. Then dinner with family before attending Sam's high school graduation. After graduation, went home and packed clothes and food. Up til 1 am.

7) Friday, got up at 3 am, loaded the car and head to Utah. After driving for 9 hours, met with landlords and looked at 10 different apartments. Wanted to cry because most of them were scary.

8) Saturday, got up determined to try again and find a place that Husband and I could both be happy with. Looked up MORE apartments and set up MORE appointments with NEW landlords and management companies, looked at 8 more apartments. On the LAST ONE, (no joke, it was #18) we found the right place for us, rushed back to the management office and turned in our application. Then we went furniture shopping and found a couch, bought it, moved it and then went to dinner with my cousin. Then went to a movie.

9) Sunday, delivered a package to a friend of a friend on behalf of a friend, hit up some church, got back in the car. Drove to Vegas. Celebrated 1st Anniversary with Husband!!! YAY!!!

10) Monday, got up, drove the rest of the way home, left husband and home to do homework and went straight to my parent's house where I did 5 loads of laundry while spending 8 hours going through all of the stuff that I had stored at their place. Threw away a GIANT trashcan full of stuff and packed a couple of file boxes of memories into my car. Got the call that our application for the condo was approved and did a little happy dance. Went to beg exhausted but happy.

And here we are. See what I mean about whirling and storming?

Of course this week we'll be packing, saying goodbye to family and friends, selling extra furniture, job hunting and moving... But compared to last week, that just doesn't seem as bad.

Hope you're all well! Thanks for the sweet anniversary good wishes. I'll be back soon!

3 comments:

  1. wow!!!! you did amazing amounts of tasks that week! every impressive. soo.... i'm still here in utah. and would love, love, love, LOVE (!!) to see you!! when you get all settled in and back to relaxed state, let me know and i'll come down, or meet in half-way in slc. (i'm up in logan). so glad you'll be here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. meant to say very impressive. haha. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea darling! I would love to see you when we are settled in! Sometime after June 20th I'll probably be a human being again... Yay! So excited to see you.

    ReplyDelete