Monday, July 30, 2012

Foreign Body

My body has become foreign to me.

It makes me feel a little out of place.

Over the years my shape has waxed and waned, but the angles and the range of motion have always been familiar.

 But now, not so. There is a tightness in my lower abdomen that puts a damper on my Zumba hip swiveling. When I lean to tie my shoes, it is the slightest obstruction, but I cringe to think of the road block it will shortly become.

And where there once was cause and effect, now there is only chaos. Before pregnancy, symptoms could be traced directly to their sources. Marinara = heart burn. Three diet cokes = dehydration headache. Staying up too late = bleary eyed exhaustion. But NOW, the bonfire of acid in my chest seems to burn without fuel, the feeling like there is a spiked cudgel imbedded in my lower back seems to have come from nowhere, and headaches seem to blossom out of thin air after three bottles of water and only one diet coke.

It's anatomical anarchy.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh- so sorry love! Have you considered chiropractic work? A good practicioner should be able to help with your back, and maybe even the heartburn and headaches. Sending you lots of good love vibes.

    ReplyDelete